Getting young people involved in group charity!
– Are you aged between 6 and 18?
– Are you interested in finding out how to make a difference?
– Are you keen to understand how charity works and what makes good giving?
– Do you like to have fun and eat hot chips and ice cream?!!!
YoungImpact100 is an opportunity for all of the above!
Come along to your own collective giving group, select a worthy charity and let your donation do more by combining with others.
The Annual YoungImpact100 Grant Event
In the second half of each year we host a Grant Event at which there are presentations, fun activities, yummy snacks, voting and the big announcement of which deserving charity gets to take home the pot of all money collected on the day. It’s a fun and supportive environment and gives everyone a chance to experience the many positives of giving back to the community.
- In 2016 TADWA (Technology Assisting Disability WA) were granted $3400 to use in their Freedom Wheels program modifies standard pushbikes to enable those with disabilities to ride a bike.
- In 2015 CanTeen Australia were the happy recipients of the $3402.85 raised on the day which will go towards supporting youth suffering from or dealing with Cancer. To find out more and see photos of the event click here
- In 2014 Choice Youth Homelessness Matters (YHM) received a $3225 grant which went directly to The Foyer on Oxford Street towards team activities for homeless youth. To find out more and see photos of the event click here
For more details and to be part of the fun in 2017, please contact us at [email protected]
For this event, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
How does it work?
After completing the signup form with your parents’ permission, you come along to our Grant Event afternoon to hear about some awesome charities, take part in fun activities, eat some delicious snacks and then vote for the charity you like the best. The one with the most votes will receive all the money raised on the day (each member brings $100 to give away).
How you raise your $100 is up to you to negotiate with your parents – jobs around the house, pocket money, savings, matched funding – there are many ways!
Why do it as a group?
The winning charity will receive a fantastic donation and you will be making a difference that is way bigger than if you had just given your $100. Just imagine – your $100 might provide meals for five kids who are homeless and live on the streets but if the members of YoungImpact100 collect $3000, that could help the charity to give fifty kids a safe place to sleep and food to eat. At the same time you will have lots of fun and meet other young people who want to help make our world a better place.
Who runs it?
Below is the generous crew who presented the four charities last year. Together with their mentor from the Impact100 WA committee they were responsible for selecting and championing charities for the grant, gathering simple information and redistributing it to the YoungImpact100 members as well as organising the Grant Event. It’s all happening again in 2017 – if you are interested in being on the committee then make sure you get involved now.
2016 Young Impact 100 Committee
What’s the focus areas for 2017?
These are selected by the committee in 2016 they were:
Is the donation tax deductible?
Yes! Tax receipts will be issued directly by the winning charity to each child/family.
Who else can join in?
It’s always more fun with friends! So if you have a friend that you would like to invite to join you as a member of this great giving group, please send us the e-mail address of their parent/responsible adult so that we can make sure they have permission to become involved by sending them a sign-up form.
How do we sign up?
Follow this link to sign up for the 2017 Grant Event