‘When a not-for-profit has a big idea, they need a big gift to help bring it to fruition’
Our 2021 Grant Round closed on 28th May 2021
It will open again around March 2022.
See below for information on our process and eligibility criteria to determine if you might want to apply in 2022.
The deadline for Initial Applications was
12 noon on Friday 28th May 2021
Applicants should read the Key Objectives and Eligibility below and then download the documents at the bottom of the page for more guidelines and the Initial Application Form.
In 2021 Impact100 WA will consider applications for initiatives that aim to meet the following objectives:
- Make a significant and measurable difference to an under-served cause or population in WA.
- Address a specific need, for a specific duration and achieve specific measurable outcomes.
Priority will be given to:
- Initiatives that deliver more widespread outcomes.
- Lesser-known, smaller Western Australian based not-for-profit organisations.
Applications are invited for any one of the following focus areas:
- Arts & Culture – Initiatives that cultivate, develop, and enhance the cultural and artistic climate in WA.
- Education – Initiatives that provide learning opportunities or improve access to education for children and/or adults in WA.
- Environment – Initiatives that restore, preserve, revitalise or enhance the natural or recreational surroundings of WA.
- Health & Wellness – Initiatives that positively impact the mental and/or physical well-being of people in WA.
- Family & Community – Initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children, families and communities in WA
Impact100 WA has developed criteria and guidelines in conjunction with Australian Communities Foundation and will only consider applications which meet ALL of the following:
- Initiative aligns with at least one of our focus areas (see above).
- Organisation has been operating for at least 36 months.
- Organisation has Tax Concession Charity status from the ATO.
- Organisation has Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status from the ATO.
- Organisation has an annual operating budget of over $100,000 and under $5 million. (Applications from organisations with an operating budget outside this range may be accepted at the discretion of the Impact100 WA Committee).
- Proposed projects must utilise the full amount of the Primary Grant ($100,000).
- Initiatives must be completed within 24 months, and there must be significant progress to report after 12 months.
- Applications will be accepted from all states and territories of Australia for initiatives conducted within Western Australia and benefitting Western Australians.
- Applications will NOT be accepted from religious organisations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organisation’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities.
- Impact100 WA prefer to be a primary funding partner for the initiative.
Our grant round for 2021 is now closed,
the deadline for Initial Applications was
12 noon on Friday 28th May 2021
To apply in 2021 (now for info purposes only):
- Our Initial Applications Guidelines (which includes our timeline for 2021)
- The Impact100 WA Impact Model
- Our 2021 Initial Application Form
- The budget template
You can also check out our Grants FAQs
Workshop for Potential Applicants
- We held both an in-person and an online version of this Workshop.
- The second of these was recorded in two parts and they are available to watch at the links below. Please forgive a little bit of faffing where we grapple with the technology!
- Video of Part 1 (22 mins) – discusses the Application Process, our Guidelines and our Impact Model and the rationale behind them. We very much recommend watching this for hints and tips.
- Video of Part 2 (20 mins) – walks through the Application Form and an example budget created using the new Budget Template.
- Click here to download a copy of the presentation that was used.